In June 2014, the online community of indoor rowers identified the need to bring together under one roof, the various aspects of our sport. We are proud to introduce to you now, our non-commercial, indoor rowing website...
"a worldwide community website made by indoor rowers for indoor rowers!"
SITE FEATURES ALREADY INCLUDE...
INDOOR ROWERS LEAGUE
- Brand new & already attracting much interest, everybody can now compete in our online, individual, indoor rowing championships. Held over 8 monthly rounds, members can select their own rowing club or gym affiliation, school, high school having their own rankings to see who's the boss of their particular rowing club!
- Join our indoor & on-the-water rowing community, discussing the merits of various training plans & ideas, or asking & giving advice on a variety of rowing related topics.
- Record & store details of training workouts as you do them, in our blogging facility. Here, you can store & display erg monitor shots, charting your own training progress, & receive supporting comments of encouragement from other community members.
- Local/ national/ international race results from around the globe, collated into one database & stored for future reference.
- We are also actively seeking race results from your own events - so please send them in & we will include them!
- Keep up to date with upcoming races & events in our rolling calendar feature - indeed, here you can even create & promote your own event, reaching the widest possible audience.
- Construct your own bespoke training plan by linking through to training materials which will help you develop a program to meet your own needs, or that of your crew.
- Create a link through to your own rowing/indoor rowing club's site on the Interesting Links feature - or even simply to have your own club listed along with contact details.
- This site has an extended social integration capability, enabling members to reach a wider audience sharing their performances, if they wish, with fellow rowers on Facebook, Google+ & Twitter.
- Autumn & winter months are traditionally the time of year where the OTW (on-the-water) & OTE (on the erg) rowers converge, hatching winter training plans geared towards competition (in the case of erg enthusiasts), or, in the case of the OTW rower, those embarking on fitness conditioning training, looking to prepare for the following year's regatta season.
The overriding aim of www.indoorrowers.org is to provide a facility which rowers of all types and abilities can utilize, gaining training focus & motivation in a friendly & welcoming online environment.
Please share news of our website with your club, crew members and all your network you know can be interested!
Come & join us !
LET'S GET ROWING!